It's All About Me... Who am I?

My photo
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
I'm in my mid thirties, I love what I do and I love my family. This blog is essentially me morphing my life into Recruiting. Expect the odd long bow to be drawn. I'm a passionate career Recruiter with more than a decade's experience in the IT Recruitment world, I have things to say.. and with this I will

Friday, April 30, 2010

Nothing wrong with the Basics

You just need to do it. Nike has a point!

Switch off your tweetdeck, log out of facebook, put those Recruiting blinkers on and just go for it. In football parlance... get your head down, put your bum up and just do.

Read the cv's, get on the phone, organise interviews, meet people, get activity happening. Do the reference checks, get the appropriate sign off, give the offer, close the deal! Shhhhh don't tell anyone, but that's your job Mr Recruiter.

Social Media, blogging, twitter, facebook, linkedIn, unless you are actively hiring people from here, be careful as to where you are spending your time. Do the things which have made you successful, and get things done. Yeah it's cool to play with all these other toys, to feel like you are cutting edge, just remember what you are paid to do.

I've potentially been guilty of this in the past, however I just need to remember the fun bit of thia job... the signing, the hiring. Let's get back to the basics and make things happen

No comments:

Post a Comment