It's All About Me... Who am I?

My photo
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
I'm in my mid thirties, I love what I do and I love my family. This blog is essentially me morphing my life into Recruiting. Expect the odd long bow to be drawn. I'm a passionate career Recruiter with more than a decade's experience in the IT Recruitment world, I have things to say.. and with this I will

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Turn the lights out when your finished, 2008 is done

Well, that's it isn't it? Work for 2008 just about done. What a year it has been..... changes, growth, finding a voice and confidence in the world and learnt by the bucket load.

I've found this blogosphere and am really enjoying contributing and learning from peers and industry experts, not just from my chosen field, but for life in general, I am constantly amazed at the information available through this wonderful medium.

I've seen myself grow, personally and professionally, watched my family grow and experienced the joy that is watching my wife assist my children in their growth, I'd like to take some credit, but hey credit where it is due, she spends the majority of the time with them... I am the novelty act, for bath time, bed time, morning milk and weekends. You wont find a prouder man... to the point I used my ability to get home for bath time in a film festival I ran for my work.



We've enjoyed good health and lots of laughs, you have to be happy with that. In April my wife and I will achieve 10 years of marriage... who'da thought it... she's a brave woman, and I'm a lucky man.

Professionally, one of the highlights was watching my team develop and achieve some very challenging goals with some innovative solutions using technology to our advantage.

I attended my first Australasian Talent Conference and was amazed by how that affected me and my outlook on life, personally and professionally. To have conversations with Heather Hamilton, Dave Mendoza, Rob McIntosh, Shally Steckerl, Kevin Wheeler et al helped accelerate my development as a professional more than anything else in my almost 15 years experience to date.. if you see this guys.. thank you. It saddens me that with the economic climate outlook for 2009 may exclude me from the 2009 session.

I am about to start a break at home, and can't wait to wind down and enjoy the time with family and friends, especially those friends of mine who have returned from London for the Christmas season. They added to my shot glass collection.. gotta love them.

So to anyone reading this... Merry Christmas, have a happy and safe New Year. Don't be shy, please add comments it will be great to know people are actually reading things.

Goodbye 2008, thanks for coming, we had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment