It's All About Me... Who am I?

My photo
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
I'm in my mid thirties, I love what I do and I love my family. This blog is essentially me morphing my life into Recruiting. Expect the odd long bow to be drawn. I'm a passionate career Recruiter with more than a decade's experience in the IT Recruitment world, I have things to say.. and with this I will

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Bigfoot, Tooth Fairy and the Recruiting Magic Bullet


I've been reading and writing a lot of blogs, tweets, articles etc about what we all should be doing in our Recruiting efforts of late, and you know what? I think they are all starting to look alike.

Social Media vs Old School
Email, internet vs the phone
Twitter
Job Boards
The recession
Passive vs Active Candidates
Find candidates here, find the there
The North Pole, the last bastion of old school Recruiters (OK I made that one up)
*YAWN* (and it is late here)

This is going to be a really short post, because my point will come quickly.

All those things are great, and all have their value, good and bad. They all work for some people and don't for others. Some will have great results, others won't.

All these things will work.

---> THE POINT

Myth - there is a guaranteed way to be successful in this business.

Surprisingly, there is no ONE way to guarantee results!

Bill Boorman asks for advice you'd give to young Recruiters. Mine is find out what works for you and stick with it! Try new things, feel free to ditch what doesn't, but keep trying and you'll find lots of things that work for you. Once you do, you'll get better and better in what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment