It's All About Me... Who am I?

My photo
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
I'm in my mid thirties, I love what I do and I love my family. This blog is essentially me morphing my life into Recruiting. Expect the odd long bow to be drawn. I'm a passionate career Recruiter with more than a decade's experience in the IT Recruitment world, I have things to say.. and with this I will

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Positive job news in the States? Really?

I have been an avid reader of the great people over at ERE.Net for many years, and even have a group there full of Australian Recruiters. I saw an article today by Todd Raphael, who is the Editor in Chief over there, which was some silver lining, which we all need a bit more of these days.

It's not cheesy Pollyanna style writing, about how things can be positive, if we all stick together and think good thoughts. It is a video talking about the actual number of job openings as opposed to job losses.

The issues of location of jobs, and skill shortages, sound vaguely familiar.













I wonder if the relocation issue is a global issue? I'm not sure housing prices have dropped that significantly over here in Australia to be such a deterrant

No comments:

Post a Comment